Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Calm Down Kit

And so it begins! With services starting again on September 9th, I've been prepping away at new little easy tricks for my students.  Now that I have a bit of time on my hands (let me stress on "bit"...) I've been able to organize my materials and put together new ones!

Let me introduce to you my new Calm Down Kit!:


I apologize for the darkness of the picture... I was up till after midnight adding the final touches and was so excited I couldn't wait to take a picture! :)

I don't have BoardMaker, so I've been desperately looking for visual cues to create a calm down kit. That's when I came across this lovely teacher's creation! Melissa Toth's page on TeachersPayTeachers offers an entire downloadable calm down kit using the images of BoardMaker. I couldn't be any happier!!!

For the tub, I specifically went to target and looked for ones with clips on the side, to be sure that the cover wouldn't fall off in my rolling suitcase and spent $2.50. The other little goodies I included in there were 2 rubber spike balls, timer, bubbles and animal foam fans (an elephant and a giraffe - which I found at the Dollar Tree and they were just too cute to pass up). Thinking of adding my iPod Touch in there that I don't use as much anymore...

If you don't have a laminator or the time to put together your own, she offers a pre-made laminated kit on her TpT site as well (located here). 

Highly recommend this product!!! Can't wait to try it out with my kiddos! 

No comments:

Post a Comment